Meeting Schedule for 2014
Meetings take place on a bi-monthly schedule
on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 10:00 a.m. (except for the November Annual Meeting)
in Conference Room 119 D at the Columbus Public Health building
* Plan to attend the 2014 Ohio Scenic Byway Conference to be held on April 24th & 25th at the National Road/Zane Grey Museum located at 8850 East Pike, Norwich, OH 43767. ONRA will serve as host, and conferees representing many byways from all over the state will be there. On Thursday evening 4/24, there will be an opening reception and tour. Friday the 25th will be a day of learning about marketing possibilities and partnerships. This is a great way to learn about other byways and what they are doing to promote and preserve. Follow these links for more information or to register
* Enjoy live bluegrass music on the Historic National Road at Fairview, Ohio's Pennyroyal Opera House (Guernsey County) on Friday, April 25, 2014 from 7pm – 10pm. Take I-70 to Exit 198. The kitchen opens at 5 PM and show starts at 7 PM. Cost = $12, child under 12 is ½ price. For more info go to www.pennyroyaloperahouse.com or call 740-695-6291 or 740-310-4386. Featured artists: The Little Roy and Lizzy Show/New Mountain Heritage.
* "Zane Grey Day" will be celebrated on Sun, April 27, 2014 from 12PM – 4PM at the National Road/Zane Grey Museum in Muskingum County near Norwich, OH. Admission by donation. Activities will include Vintage Baseball, ODNR's Passport to Fishing program, Dutch Oven Cooking, Lassoing and Ground Roping and musical entertainment. For more info call (740) 826-3305.
*Come for Opening Day at the John & Annie Glenn Historic Site on Thursday, May 1, 2014 from 10:00 AM– 4:00 PM. The Living History Presentation for this season is "1944 – Life on the Home Front during WWII.” The museum is located at 72 W. Main Street, New Concord, OH 43762 (Muskingum County). For more information go to www.johnglennhome.org or call 740-826-3305.
* Come to Cambridge, OH in Guernsey County on May 2-3, 2014 for the Hopalong Cassidy Festival. Hoppy collectors and fans from throughout the United States gather to buy Hoppy collectibles and to visit with friends. This is the 24th year of the show and is a reunion for many visitors. Friday's activities run from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, with an evening dinner and program at the Cambridge City Park. Saturday's banquet is at the Pritchard Laughlin Civic Center. The gigantic toy show and sale at the Civic Center on Friday and Saturday features 100 dealers. For info: www.hopalongcassidyfestival.com .
* The Friends and Family Fest -- A Shale-abration! is a day-long, community event scheduled for May 10, 2014 at the Guernsey County Fairgrounds in Old Washington. It is designed to celebrate local natural resources and offer attendees the opportunity to become familiar with the oil and gas industry. The event is free to attend and will take place from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM. It will be full of educational exhibits and interactive activities for all ages. May 11 is the rain date.
* Mark your calendar to participate in this year's "Historic National Road/US 40 Yard Sale Days" from May 28 - June 1, 2014. Don't miss Super Saturday on May 31st!
*Enjoy live bluegrass music on the Historic National Road at Fairview, Ohio's Pennyroyal Opera House (Guernsey County) on Friday, May 16, 2014 from 7pm – 10pm. Take I-70 to Exit 198. The kitchen opens at 5 PM and show starts at 7 PM. Cost = $12, child under 12 is ½ price. For more info go to www.pennyroyaloperahouse.com or call 740-695-6291 or 740-310-4386. Featured artists: Nothin' Fancy/Lonesome Meadow.
* Come to Lewisburg, OH on the Historic National Road in Preble County on August 14-16 , 2014 for "Derby Days." Lots of fun family activities are planned, including Games, Bingo, Car Cruise-in, Bike Night, Derby Races, Live Music, Food and Fireworks.
* Take a step back in time on August 30-31, 2014 by attending the "Fair at New Boston" held at George Rogers Clark Park in Clark County. The event is located at 936 South Tecumseh Road Springfield, OH 45506 and takes place rain or shine from 10 AM - 6 PM both days. For more info call (937) 882-9216 or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The 9th biennial "Preserving the Historic Road" conference will be held in Savannah, GA on Sept. 26-28, 2014. Highlights include a tour of the Dixie Highway, a walking tour of Savannah's historic squares, and events at the Central of Georgia RR Historic Landmark District and the Tybee Island Lighthouse, with a traditional beachside Low Country Boil. For more information, go to www.historicroads.org